Vietnam to host Global Summit of Women for first time
From June 5-7, 2008 Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in coordination with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), and the Viet Nam Women’s Union, the International Convention Organization Board and related ministries and agencies will host The 18th Global Women Summit for the first time in Hanoi .
The Global Summit of Women is a Non-Governmental Forum which was established in 1990 with a view to enhancing the role of women in economic political and social fields. The Global Summit of Women is held annually and 17 Summits have so far been held. The latest Summit was held in Berlin – The Federal Republic of Germany with nearly 1000 attendants from all continents. The Vietnamese Women Delegation was led by former Vietnamese Vice-President Truong My Hoa. This year, the selection of Vietnam to host the 18th Global Summit of Women is of a pride for Vietnam and at the same time it reflects the high appreciation of Vietnam's role by the Organizing Committee of the Summit. It too provides a favorable opportunity for Vietnam to advertise its land and people in the world, to introduce its investment and business environment to international community and friends all over the world. The holding of the Summit also creates favorable condition for the Vietnamese businesswomen to forge links, make contacts and rapprochement, exchange of information, management experience and look for new investors etc.
The main theme of the coming Global Summit of Women will be “Women and Asia-Driving the Global Economy”. The principal contents to be discussed in the Summit include:
- Vietnam with the vigorous emerging economy;
- Development of business in Asia, dialogues with business women;
- Youth and business forums;
- Awards to global businesswomen on leading capabilities;
- Social responsibilities by business enterprises
- Forums of Women General Manager of enterprises; opportunities and challenges in Asia and the Pacific;
- Results of success – impacts on women's health;
- Improvements in mini business;
- Business in Asia – the issues of Asian cultures to be paid due attention to;
- The issues of keeping balance between life and work;
- Fight against women trafficking.
Last modified 18-02-2008